Presidential Election 2020: Joe Biden elected 46th President of the US
Joe Biden: 290
Donald Trump: 214
– Joe Biden will be the 46th President of the United States, promising to be: “A President who seeks not to divide, but to unify. Who doesn’t see Red and Blue states, but a United States.”
– Attorney General William Barr has called on federal prosecutors to examine allegations of vote fraud before the final results are certified. To date, there is absolutely no evidence to support the claim.
– The US Supreme Court has began hearing a Republican case calling for the Obamacare healthcare law to be removed, even as Joe Biden prepares to replace Trump in January.
– President Elect offers optimistic caution on covid-19 vaccine breakthrough: “I congratulate the brilliant women and men who helped produce this breakthrough and to give us such cause for hope.”
– Biden – Harris team launch @Transition46 Twitter account. Trump says it’s far from over, refuses to concede and sites unspecified pending lawsuits.
– President Elect Joe Biden has named a 13-member covid-19 advisory board to begin preparations for his administration’s response to the pandemic.
– Congratulations pour in for Joe Biden, President-elect. Including cautious commendation from Barack Obama, who said “Enjoy this moment. Then stay engaged”.
-Trump’s fellow Republicans split between supporting his refusal to concede or congratulating Democrats’ win, Mitch McConnell claims: “President Trump is 100% within his rights to look into allegations of irregularities.”